Today Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.4 the fourth major update to Mac OS X Lion. To eliminate any potential issues, we generally recommend to update any supported systems using the standalone Combo installer, and not the built-in Software Update.
Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast or rBoot.
What we know about 10.7.4 so far...
11.4.0 Darwin kernel
- No native Ivy Bridge CPU Support
- Ivy Bridge Users- BridgeHelper 4.0 Released.
- Improved AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA graphics drivers.
- If you use customized or edited graphics kexts, it will be necessary to make the edits again using the new drivers as a base.
- If you use Combo OpenCL Enabler, reapply it before reboot
- The update will replace your AppleHDA.kext.
- If you use ALC8xxHDA for onboard audio, you will have to reinstall AppleHDA Rollback using MultiBeast before rebooting.
- If you use toleda's AppleHDA for onboard audio, you will have to reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
- If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications.
- If you use Sleepenabler.kext, remove before updating.
- If you use SpeedStepper for UEFI motherboards,
do not update yet- there is a new speedstepper script coming soon.
- Install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.7.4 from MultiBeast before reboot.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results in the forum here.
10.7.4 Power Management and Sandy Bridge CPUs
BridgeHelper 4.0 - Enhanced 10.7.4 Kernel for Ivy Bridge CPUs
Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update
For discussions on this and other topics, register today at tonymacx86.com!