Today Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.3 the 3rd major update to Mac OS X Lion. To eliminate any potential issues, we generally recommend to update any supported systems using the standalone Combo installer, and not the built-in Software Update.
Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast or rBoot.
What we know about 10.7.3 so far...
- 11.3.0 Darwin kernel
- Improved AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA graphics drivers.
- If you use customized or edited graphics kexts, it will be necessary to make the edits again using the new drivers as a base.
- The update will replace your AppleHDA.kext.
- If you use ALC8xxHDA for onboard audio, you will have to reinstall AppleHDA Rollback using MultiBeast before rebooting.
- If you use toleda's new AppleHDA for onboard audio, you will need to reinstall it before rebooting.
- If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications.
- If you use Sleepenabler.kext, remove before updating.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results in the forum here.
For discussions on this and other topics, register today at tonymacx86.com!