It's July, and OS X Lion is almost here! We thought we'd run down a preparation list of recommended tasks so you can be ready once it's available.
Apple has provided a concise rundown of how to update to Lion on Day 1 here. The requirements are the same for CustoMacs. To proceed with a retail installation, you absolutely need the following.
- Intel Core 2 or above, 64 bit CPU
- A computer running the latest version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8)
- iTunes Account + $29.99
- Internet Access to download 4 GB Lion Install App through iTunes
- 4 GB hard drive space available in /Applications
When performing any full operating system upgrade, unexpected things can occur. To avoid data loss, these best practices should be adhered to. This upgrade should be a breeze, but if things do go wrong, you can always go back to your working Snow Leopard installation.
- Buy a Second Hard Drive
- Clone your Snow Leopard Hard Drive
- Back Up Your Data
Stay tuned for our full OS X Lion retail installation guide- coming Day 1!
-tonymacx86 & MacMan