Today Apple released Mac OS X 10.6.4, the 4th major update to Mac OS X Snow Leopard. To update, simply run Software Update or download the 10.6.4 Combo Update from Apple.
If you're going to test it out, backup any data, and if possible clone your hard drive before testing this update. Post your results in the forum!
What we know about 10.6.4 so far...
- BREAKING: NVIDIA releases replacement drivers for Mac OS X 10.6.4 - 2010-06-18
- Release 19.5.8f03 - Improved OpenGL performance for Geforce GTX 285 under certain conditions
- GeForce Mac OS X Driver Release 19.5.8 (2010-06-18)
- CUDA 3,0
- New 10.4.0 Darwin kernel - all Core i3/i5/i7 now supported- including Core i7 980x!
- USB wake from sleep issues solved.
- No Integrated Intel GMA HD without NVIDIA 320M.
- No ATI 5xxx support yet.
- No NVIDIA 4xx 'Fermi' support out of the box.
- For audio issues with LegacyHDA + DSDT, install 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback from MultiBeast.
- For USB issues without a DSDT, we've put together USBFamilyMOD 9.9.9 installed in /Extra/Extensions. It's in the latest MultiBeast. Alternately, you can roll back IOUSBFamily.kext in System/Library/Extensions to 10.6.2 or lower.
- Older solutions for 10.6.3+ at the Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update post.
For discussions on this and other topics, register today at tonymacx86.com!