If you have managed to extract and edit your own DSDT already, and have applied DGTP and CMOS Reset fixes, then you're ready for this guide. If you properly edit your DSDT to make these changes, you can:
- Enable Sleep without the use of SleepEnabler.kext
- Remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions.
- Enable your Hackintosh to recognize your USB devices as Built-In.
- Enable your Hackintosh to recognize your Intel SATA devices as Built-In.
FORMAT FOR TEXT BASED FIXES
Because DSDT editing is text/code based, I created a tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.dsl file that you can open and copy/paste from in DSDTSE. You can also open it in any standard text editor, but you won't be able to copy/paste multiple lines. Copying from standard text files or web pages inserts hidden characters, making the DSDT.aml unable to compile.
METHOD FOR DSDT EDITING
- Download the latest version of DSDTSE
- Download tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.zip
- Open DSDTSE.
- Open your DSDT.aml file.
- Your DSDT.aml will decompile into an editable DSDT.dsl and open in the editor.
- Open tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.dsl
- Search for the first part of the code you're attempting to edit, i.e. _WAK or HPET.
- Scan down your DSDT to make changes as referenced in the each example.
- When you are finished making changes, click Tools and choose Compile.
- If you don't get any errors, click Tools and choose DSDT files folder.
- Your DSDT files folder (/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT) will open in Finder. Helpful Hint: you can pull this folder into the sidebar to bookmark it.
- Copy your dsdt.aml.
- Paste your dsdt.aml into the root / of your hard drive.
- Capitalize DSDT.aml
- Remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions.
- Drag /Extra/Extensions to Kext Utility.
- Make backups of your working/test DSDT and restart.
- 00 - Add DTGP (Need for all Fixes)
- 01 - Fix CMOS reset
- 02 - Edit USB UHCI/EHCI - Part 1 (Enables Sleep & USB Ports Built In)
- 03 - Edit USB UHCI/EHCI - Part 2 (Enables Sleep & USB Ports Built In)
- 04 - Edit IDE (SATA) (Enables SATA ports Built-In and Internal)
- 05 - Edit PIC, TMR and HPET (Enables you to get rid of extra kexts)
- 06 - Add SBUS (Need for Sleep)
Your /Extra/Extensions folder now should only contain:
Good luck and have fun editing! Feel free to post links to fully updated and sleep compatible DSDTs for review- it would be great to have a collection of them all in one place. I'll keep researching and doing fixes for my specific board and adding them to this site.
Special thanks to The Evosx86 Team for DSDTSE, The Insanelymac P55 Thread and Rekursor and Bansaku's GA-P55-UD3R DSDT edits.
EDIT: To enable sleep, make sure to remove the necessary kexts and check all of the checkboxes in System Preferences/Energy Saver as shown in the picture below.